Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Family Secret

People have wondered how we get our kids, even Payson our 4 year old to memorize the Articles of Faith. Here is our secret! First of all the prophet has asked us to have family prayer 2 times a day. So we have family prayer before the kids go to school and then before bed. So when we kneel down to have prayer we start off singing a song to bring the spirit and then we repeat an Article of Faith. It only takes about a week of doing it twice a day for them to memorize one. Plus it also helps them learn the Primary songs for the Primary Program. So my Challenge is to everyone who reads this to try it with your family, and you will see how great it is. We are done with the articles of faith so we are moving on to the Scripture Mastery Scriptures for Seminary. You might also think that it takes longer, you know time is rushed in the mornings trying to get kids on the bus and things, but it only takes about 5 minutes start to finish. So come on take the challenge!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Alright Kami! It's on!! Thanks for the idea and the challenge, we're starting tomorrow morning!

Tera said...

That's a great idea. I'll take your challenge. I'm excited to start.

We're All Wright said...

Wonderful idea!!!

Dana said...

You guys have always been my heros! You inspire me to recommit myself and try again.

Forest & Ashley Wright said...

I love that I have such good sister-in-laws for great tips on raising ritous kids.

Jules said...

Thanks for the tips. Nathan learned all 13 as a Sunbeam by singing them and Taylor has done the first 3 this year. I will try to implement these tips to help.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Stanford Bunch said...

Awesome! You are my idol! =)